Complete Reference Guide on Lakshadweep Tour- SAMUDRAM Package by SHIP
Samudram Package to Lakshadweep is organised by Lakshadweep Tourism Department – SPORTS in association with Lakshadweep administration for 4 Nights and 5 Days starting from Kochi, Kerala giving an opportunity to visit 3 islands in Lakshadweep. The islands covered will be 3 among the 4 islands namely Kavaratti, Kadmat, Kalpeni and Minicoy. So let us seriously discuss about Lakshadweep Cruise Packages
Samudram package starts by Mid of September to January mid and again starts by March and by middle of May. During February Samudram package is not available as the ships are docked for annual maintenance. From May 15- September 15, no tourist ship packages are operated due to monsoon season.
For 2017 season onwards, Ship used to operate Samudram Package is MV KAVARATTI. The ship MV Kavaratti is a fully air conditioned first class passenger cum cargo ship with a capacity of 700 passengers intake and do have First class (FC) cabin ( 2 persons/ cabin with an attached toilet) and Second class (SC) cabin ( 4 persons per cabin with an attached toilet) and bunk berths. Usually 182 seats are reserved for SAMUDRAM package passengers in cabins. Rest of the seats are allocated for normal passengers including people from island as well as main land. M V Kavaratti have got a cafeteria, snack bars, doctor on call facility, entertainments, upper-deck promenade, swimming pool and a helipad.
HIGHLIGHTS OF SAMUDRAM PACKAGE BY SHIP TO LAKSHADWEEP :
1) No. of days: 4 Nights 5 Days program from Kochi- Kochi covering 3 islands at a Lakshadweep.
2) Stay during Package: Accommodation is provided in ship cabins as per choice (2 person or 4 person cabins). Kindly note that, Samudram packages do not have any stay option in island beach resorts.
3) Meals in ship & islands: All meals included on board starting from Day 1 lunch to Day 5 breakfast including evening Tea on all days.
4) Water Sports Activities: Water sports activities namely Kayaking, Snorkeling and under glass boat ride are included in the package for 1 time.
5) Tour Guide/ Manager: A dedicated tour guide cum manager will accompany the group in ship 6) Activities at islands: Basically day 2, 3 and 4 are utilized for island visits. During this time, tourists will be taken to island in a small boat from ship. Lunch will be provided at resorts under SPORTS at Kavaratti/ Kadmat/ Kalpeni or Minicoy.
7) Entry Permits and Heritage Fees: All entry permits and heritage fess are included in the package fares. 8) Taxes and GST: All government taxes are included in the package fare.
9) Complimentary items: SPORTS complimentary T shirt and a cap are provided for all tourists
10) General Ship Schedule: Weekly 01 trip Schedule is arranged for SAMUDRAM Package from Kochi by ship. Samudram package available from September 15- January second week & March first week to Mid of May.
11) Charge for Adults and Children: All persons above 10 years are considered as Adults and charged on adult rate. Children from 1-10 years are considered as child. No charge for children from 0-1 years.
12) Documents Required: Valid ID copy and passport size photograph of all tourists. Infants require copy of birth certificate.
13) How to book Samudram Package to Lakshadweep: Can be booked directly through SPORTS office – Kochi or through authorised / credible travel agents.
14) Any authorised / Credible Operators :
Island Getaways- Kochi. Call: 09747003399. Email: email@example.com.
Thomas Cook- Kochi. Call: 18002099100. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asoka Tour packages- Delhi. Call: 011-23349067 Email: email@example.com.
New Cost of Samudram Ship Packages April- May 2018 Revised cost of Samudram Package including GST from April 2018
|Adult/ Child||Transportation Cost||Tour Cost||Tax at 5% GST||Net Payable with GST|
|Adult ( All above 10 years)||Rs. 18,000||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 1525||Rs. 32025|
|Child ( 1-10 years)||Rs. 14,000||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 1100||Rs. 23100|
Government of India Order to hike Samudram Package Fare
SAMUDRAM PACKAGE SCHEDULE FOR JANUARY 2019
|Departure from Kochi||Arrival Back to Kochi||Visiting Islands||Availability||BOOKING|
|25- January-2019||29- January-2019||Kalpeni- Kavaratti- Minicoy||AVAILABLE||BOOK NOW|
SAMUDRAM PACKAGE SCHEDULE FOR FEBRUARY 2019
|Departure from Kochi||Arrival Back to Kochi||Visiting Islands||Availability||BOOKING|
|01- February-2019||05-February-2019||Minicoy-Kavaratti- Kalpeni||AVAILABLE||BOOK NOW|
|08- February-2019||12- February-2019||Kavaratti- Kalpeni- Minicoy||AVAILABLE||BOOK NOW|
|14- February-2019||18- February-2019||Minicoy- Kalpeni – Kavaratti||AVAILABLE||BOOK NOW|
|20- February-2019||24- February-2019||Kavaratti- Kadmat- Kalpeni||AVAILABLE||BOOK NOW|
|26 February-2019||02- March-2019||Kadmat- Kalpeni- Kavaratti||AVAILABLE||BOOK NOW|
SAMUDRAM PACKAGE SCHEDULE FOR MARCH 2019 Samudram Ship Package to Lakshadweep for March 2019 will be published soon.
DAY WISE ITINERARY FOR 4N/5D LAKSHADWEEP SAMUDRAM PACKAGE BY SHIP:
Day 1 Departure from Kochi REPORTING TIME: 9.30 am-10 am. LOCATION: Lakshadweep Wharf and passenger facilitation center, Indira Gandhi Road, Willington Island, Kochi. You can collect the boarding pass from the SPORTS Manager, Lakshadweep Tourism. Carry a valid photo ID proof of all passengers (please note that for infants – birth certificate is required). After getting boarding pass and security check 9 almost similar to airports), you will be taken in bus to ship boarding at wharf to board MV Kavaratti. Once boarded and settled into cabins, short instructional video will be screened giving details about rules and regulations to be obeyed for the safety of self and other co passengers. 10:00 am to 11.45 am: Boarding/Embarkation to MV Kavaratti, Inspection of ship and departure by 2pm. 01.00 pm to 01.45 pm: Lunch (Buffet separately for Veg and Non Veg) 03.30 pm to 04.00 pm: Evening Tea with Snacks 08.00 pm to 08.45 pm: Dinner (Buffet separately for Veg and Non Veg)
Day 2: Arrival at First Island (Any one among Kavaratti/ Kadmat/ Minicoy/ Kalpeni as per schedule) 06.00 am to 06.30 am: Morning tea with Snacks 07.00 am to 07.30 am: Breakfast on board 07.30 am to 08.00 am: Disembarkation (Follow the announcement on board) 08.00 am to 09.00 am: Reception with welcome drinks at first island. 9.00 am to 1.00 pm: Tourists are free to roam in beach for Water Sports Activities (Both included activities without any cost and not included activities at an extra cost on direct payment basis). 01.00 pm to 01.45 pm: Lunch on the beach (Buffet separately for Veg and Non Veg) 02.00 pm to 03.30 pm: Local island Sightseeing 04.00 pm to 04.30 pm: Evening Tea with Snacks 04.30 pm to 04.45 pm: Boarding/Embarkation to Ship MV Kavaratti 08:00 to 08:45 Dinner (Buffet separately for Veg and Non Veg)
Day 3: Arrival at First Island (Any one among Kavaratti/ Kadmat/ Minicoy/ Kalpeni as per schedule) 06.00 am to 06.30 am: Morning tea with Snacks 07.00 am to 07.30 am: Breakfast on board 07.30 am to 08.00 am: Disembarkation (Follow the announcement on board) 08.00 am to 09.00 am: Reception with welcome drinks at first island. 9.00 am to 1.00 pm: Tourists are free to roam in beach for Water Sports Activities (Both included activities without any cost and not included activities at an extra cost on direct payment basis). 01.00 pm to 01.45 pm: Lunch on the beach (Buffet separately for Veg and Non Veg) 02.00 pm to 03.30 pm: Local island Sightseeing 04.00 pm to 04.30 pm: Evening Tea with Snacks 04.30 pm to 04.45 pm: Boarding/Embarkation to Ship MV Kavaratti 08:00 to 08:45 Dinner (Buffet separately for Veg and Non Veg)
Day 4: Arrival at First Island (Any one among Kavaratti/ Kadmat/ Minicoy/ Kalpeni as per schedule) 06.00 am to 06.30 am: Morning tea with Snacks 07.00 am to 07.30 am: Breakfast on board 07.30 am to 08.00 am: Disembarkation (Follow the announcement on board) 08.00 am to 09.00 am: Reception with welcome drinks at first island. 9.00 am to 1.00 pm: Tourists are free to roam in beach for Water Sports Activities (Both included activities without any cost and not included activities at an extra cost on direct payment basis). 01.00 pm to 01.45 pm: Lunch on the beach (Buffet separately for Veg and Non Veg) 02.00 pm to 03.30 pm: Local island Sightseeing 04.00 pm to 04.30 pm: Evening Tea with Snacks 04.30 pm to 04.45 pm: Boarding/Embarkation to Ship MV Kavaratti 08:00 to 08:45 Dinner (Buffet separately for Veg and Non Veg)
Day 5 Return to Kochi 06.00 am to 06.30 am: Morning tea with Snacks 07.00 am to 07.30 am: Breakfast on board Collect your LTC/LTA Certificate from the Sports Manger, Onboard 10.30 am to 11.45 pm: Disembarkation (Following the announcement on board)
1. First class AC cabin accommodation (Bath attached)
2. All 3 meals with an option for vegetarian and non-vegetarian including morning and evening tea or coffee.
3. Bus transfer to the ship from the boarding point at Cochin
4. Welcome drink at the island
5. Three island sightseeing among the 4 islands namely – Kavaratti/Kalpeni/Kadmat/ Minicoy as per pre schedule.
6. Water Sports: Kayaking, snorkeling and Glass bottom boat ride (1 time)
7. Entry permit and heritage fee
8. Personal assistance on the ship and Island Note: Scuba Diving is not included in the tariff. Guests can go diving at Kavaratti by paying Rs 1,900 per dive at Dolphin Dive Center.
Must read Guidelines for all Samudram Package Tourists:
1) On all days, request you to finish your morning chores very early as by 7.30-8.00 am all tourists are taken to island in boat.
2) If you are an outstation traveler from Kochi, Plan your entire trip with 01 day pre arrival at Kochi and departure from Kochi on day 5 late evening or better next day.
3) Since ship schedule is completely controlled by government of India, contact your agent or SPORTS office to for any last minute changes in ship schedule as it happens very common.
4) Alcohol is strictly banned in Lakshadweep. So avoid carrying or consumption of alcohol.
5) Ships cannot get docked in any islands at Lakshadweep. All tourists will be transferred to island by a boat from ship.
6) Travel in ship only if you are in good health. Else it will create problems for staff as well as co passengers. 7) Carry an umbrella and sunscreen lotion as islands are generally sunny.
8) Carry your brand of cigarettes and cosmetics as many brands of your choice will not be available at islands. 9) Its ideal to carry your own first aid kit for any immediate relief.
10) DO NOT- litter land or water, carry any corals, pluck any tender coconuts-as its punishable by law.
11) Carry enough bath wares and towels as you will be connected with water during day time.
12) Finally only BSNL has got range in islands. Airtel do have range in Kavaratti and Agatti.
Booking, Cancellation and Refund Policy of Samudram Package to Lakshadweep
|No||BOOKING POLICY||CANCELLATION POLICY||REFUND POLICY|
|1||50% advance for blocking||20% Retention if cancelled before 30 days of ship departure||100% refund is schedule is cancelled due to poor weather/ technical faults/ emergencies / any other|
|2||Balance 50% 30 days before starting||50% Retention if cancelled before 29-10 days of ship departure||No damages/ claims will be paid.|
|3||Booking CONFIRMED only with 100% Payment||100% Retention if cancelled 9-0 day of ship departure||Only the exact amount paid will be refunded|
LTC/LTA Eligibility: Government employees and their family members travelling on leave can get LTC/LTA Certificate from the Sports Manger, onboard on 5th Day of the cruise.
- State and Central Government employees
- Employees of Public sector undertakings
- Employees of Educational institutions recognized by Central / State Governments or affiliated to any University or educational board.
Required Documents: Official ID card. Family members to carry the copy of the photo ID.
Advantages of Samudram Package:
1) Rare chance for Non-islanders for a cruise option on full board including all meals, activities and accommodation.
2) No special Entry permit is required for entry to Lakshadweep.
3) Can be booked by both Indians and foreigners
4) Can be booked through SPORTS as well as authorized private agents
5) Compared to other tour packages to Lakshadweep, Samudram package is Cheap and reliable as we do get a Confirmed to and fro ship tickets without waiting for entry permit.
6) Part of group tour with a dedicated tour manager.
Frequently asked questions about Lakshadweep Samudram Package by Ship:
1) Is it safe for Ladies and Solo travellers? Absolutely. It’s a part of group tour and a dedicated government staff accompanies the entire trip as guide cum manager.
2) Can we get pure vegetarian food inside ship and at Lakshadweep? Yes. You will get best quality vegetarian food both inside ship as well as at resorts at islands. They serve as buffet separately for veg and non veg.
3) Is there any charge for 2 years Kid? Yes. All children above 1 year are considered for child rates till 10 years. Please refer package highlights for more details.
4) Is scuba diving included in this package? No. Scuba diving is available at Diving center at Kavaratti at an extra cost of Rs. 1900/ dive. As a part of package one time glass bottom boat ride, kayaking and snorkeling are included without any extra cost.
5) Can I be part of package and return by flight? No. its not possible.
6) Can I stay at island resorts during this package? No. For Samudram package, stay is included in ship cabins only.
7) What is the difference between first class and second class cabins in ship? First class cabin is a with 2 berths and an attached toilet and is also known as Diamond class whereas second class cabin is with 4 berth and an attached toilet and are also known as Gold class.
8) Does the ship have AC? The entire ship is centrally air conditioned.
9) Do we get sea sickness during Samudram package journey? Yes. Chances are high for first time travellers. But need not worry as there is fully dedicated medical team accompanying the group in the ship. After second day your body will adjust to it and you will not have any more sea sickness.
10) Can we carry alcohol inside ship? STRICTLY NO. Lakshadweep is alcohol prohibited area except at Bangaram island resort.
11) How do I book Samudram package by ship? There are only 180 seats for tourists per schedule and all over the world is looking for a seat in it. So better coordinate directly with government authority SPORTS- Kochi office or call or mail some credible private Lakshadweep tour package operators like Island Getaways- Kochi, Asoka tours- Delhi, etc.…
12) How much I should pay as advance? 50% advance. For more details check booking/ cancellation and refund policy given in article.
13) Can you give some good private Lakshadweep tour operators? Since SPORTS did not respond to our mails, we have visited Lakshadweep through a private operator based in Kochi – Island Getaways. From start to end- deal was fare. Other good operators include Thomas Cook, Asoka tours, etc..
14) Do we need to apply an entry permit for Samudram package if applying through a private operator? No. Entry permit is included in this package. Good thing is that both private and government charge are same. Private operator even helped us to get accommodation and transport inside Kochi.
15) Do we get refund if ship got cancelled? Yes. Please refer refund policy.
16) Is MV Kavaratti a luxury cruise ship? No. It’s a deluxe class above average passenger ship with all facilities. From our studies, we could know that it’s one among the best government passenger ships in India.
17) Are we eligible for LTC claim? Yes. All government officials or officials working under government recognized institutions are eligible for LTC claim. It can be settled with SPORTS manager on day 5 inside ship itself. Please carry a company ID card for the same.
18) Can we travel as a normal passenger and avail this package? No. Normal passengers are not given the package option.
19 ) Where I can get full details of samudram package to Lakshadweep? Without doubt we can say that this article by Jumbo Travel Blog is the place where you getting full details of Lakshadweep Cruise Package which is namely Samudram Package by MV Kavaratti Ship. Hope you already got your doubts cleared and if any clarification, please ask your questions through the below comment box. We will reply you very fast
Everything You Need to Know for Planning Lakshadweep Tour Packages How to reach Lakshadweep by Ship & Air- Best Proven Methods That Works 12 Most Important Facts to Remember While Planning Lakshadweep Tour Complete Details of Lakshadweep Samudram Package by Ship MV Kavaratti 2017-18
Tourism in Lakshadweep. What to see in Lakshadweep? Lakshadweep Tour Packages and How to book it Lakshadweep Tour Packages by Ship Lakshadweep Samudram Ship Package Schedules Lakshadweep Tour Package by Flight Full List of Passenger/Cargo Ships & High Speed Vessels That Operate to Lakshadweep Frequently Asked Questions about Lakshadweep